The best time to restart is now– that’s what I learned today
It’s 6: 47 PM on day 482 of my journey towards independence and I’ve managed to brush my teeth, prepare and publish my Disability of the Day feature, prepare and publish my Kid of the Week feature, listen to music, feed myself rice and curry for lunch and tweet about my Clean Water For All Campaign – no luck.
As you know I took a break from learning how to do new things while I was in India but I’m back now and ready to tick off new things on my lists (see below) so that I can live out all my dreams. Is your life on permanent pause?
Things I need to do to become physically independent
• To brush my teeth – partially achieved – I can brush my teeth just fine but I need someone to help me lean over the sink so that the toothpaste ends up in the sink and not all over my shirt.
To sign my name on a document – achieved.
• To type with both hands
• To eat and drink by myself – partially achieved can eat with a spoon and drink from a mug and glass I can’t yet eat with a fork and knife.
• To push myself around on my wheelchair
• To get in and out of bed by myself
• To go to the bathroom by myself
• To bathe myself
• To undress and redress myself
Are we connecting on Twitter? If not, say hi at http://twitter.com/Nisha360
If you’ve given to my cause or you can’t give now, please help me by sharing my cause with others. You can tweet about it like my friend Stan Faryna. This is the tweet he uses: @Nisha360 is a brave, smart young woman trying to make a better world for us all. Please help her do an amazing thing. http://bit.ly/hC7vOu
Stan’s very sweet for saying so, but feel free to write what reflects you best.
Thanks to all my friends out there who are helping me make my dream come true: to make a better world for all of us!