Use what you know to help people– that’s what I keep learning
It’s 3 : 43 PM on day 755 of my journey towards independence and I’ve managed to brush my teeth, feed myself an egg sandwich for breakfast, drink water by myself, publish my Disability of the Day feature,publish my Kid of the Week feature, practice typing with both hands and feed myself grilled chicken, lettuce and carrots for lunch.
It has recently come to my attention that I’m not the only one who has Cerebral Palsy who suffers from Acid Reflux (thankfully I don’t have Acid Reflux often) and chronic Constipation so I’m going to share with you things that I do to alleviate both Acid Reflux and Constipation. Take a look:
To alleviate Acid Reflux I:
- Wear loose-fitting clothing (wearing tight-fitting clothing will push the acid in your stomach up)
- Avoid eating late at night (apparently the stomach is least active at night that combined with the fact that we lay down soon after we eat pushes the acid upwards)
- Avoid caffeine, acidic foods, spicy foods and fatty foods (caffeinated foods/drinks, acidic foods, spicy foods and fatty foods make acid reflux worse)
To alleviate Constipation I:
- Drink water (water makes the stool softer and easier to pass )
- Eat foods that are high in fibre and foods that contain sorbitol (apples, pears and prunes are high in fibre and contain sorbitol)
- Exercise (exercise helps move the stool along)
I LOVE hearing from you feel free to leave a comment below.